Saturday, July 08, 2006

fourhundredandthirty.

Radiohead - Paranoid Android

This week I've actually done something other than sit around on the internet all day/night listening to music. I went to see Candice on Tuesday - Friday and we went shopping to Southampton and then Basingstoke. I had a lovely time, nice and relaxing and a much needed break from the monotonous, shitheap that is Coleford.

Anyway, I spent, including money for travel and food, somewhere around 200 quid.
I bought:
2 zip-up hoodies (one light grey, the other a camo green)
a plain camo green t-shirt
a white t-shirt with 'Osaka 6' written on it (I don't know what it means but it looks FIT)
two pairs of jeans
a pair of khaki/camo shorts
a pair of three quarter length trousers
a studded belt
At the Drive In - Relationship of Command CD
Radiohead - The Bends CD
Radiohead - OK Computer CD
Man on Fire DVD
Collateral DVD
Invisible Monsters by Chuck Palahniuk (BOOK)
Haunted by Chuck Palahniuk (BOOK)
High Fidelity by Nick Hornby (BOOK)
a pair of white Adidas Superstar trainers. For I am a superstar. Yeah.

I haven't read in aaages but I bought some books because we went in a book shop and I fancied getting back into reading again. I finished Invisible Monsters last night (amazingly, I read it in two days) and was rather impressed, although the story relied quite heavily on coincidence and stuff but it was really well told and written. I recommend it! I bought the other Palahniuk book because it was in some 3 for 2 deal and Candice had two books so I got one free, ta like! I bought High Fidelity because I recently got the DVD and liked it so much I wanted to read the book. Both Radiohead CD's were a FIVER each and Man on Fire was ONE POUND. Bargains ahoy! I bought the other CD and DVD because they were cheapish and I like them both.

I bought the green t-shirt and two hoodies from the same shop. I paid the combined total of 30 odd quid for the three items. Later, when we got home, I checked the receipt to see that the woman who served me only put the t-shirt through so I paid 3 quid for three things! I was rather pleased with that.

Also, when I bought my belt, I paid the 15 quid price tag with two five pound notes and five pound coins. The boy gave me a fiver back which I thought was odd. So being the good samaritan and all round top bloke I am, I went back and told him of his error and handed the fiver back. Aren't I nice?

We watched Just my Luck, the film with McFly in, and it was balls. We also ate lots of fast food which was BRILLIANT. And there was lots of laughing and cuddles which was awesome.

Today, I watched Pirates of the Carribean 2. It was quite entertaining although peaked early with the best part of the film happening so soon (the part on the cannibal island). It was a bit too long too and Orlando Bloom was incredibly wooden, as was Keira Knightley but she did improve as the film went on. Johnny Depp was mint as the camp pirate Jack Sparrow again. The special effects were rather impressive too.

I can't be bothered to write anymore.

Oh, I'm working more shifts next week which is good so I can earn back all the money I spent this week. Hooray.

x

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Gareth says.

- i created this blog for the purpose of rambling about various subjects. expect lots of blabbering and lots of cussing. spelling mistakes are both intentional and ironic. -

last songs ive listened to.

about me.

im extremely immature for my age, a 'good laugh' and weird. I'm quite a catch. check out my my blogger profile

my tagboard.

likes.

sleeping, football, films, music, silence, relaxation, sarcasm, singing to myself, hanging out with my friends, making progress on my personal projects, cold days in summer, hot days in winter

dislikes.

attention whores, hypocrisy, inability to put yourself in other people's shoes, girls who advertise themselves as being nice and sociable but block/ignore or are bitches to you for saying hi, people who refuse to keep an open mind, smoking, bad hygiene, people who don't give me a fucking chance, assumptions towards me

favourite movies.

the usual suspects, fight club, the butterfly effect, football factory, snatch, lock stock and two smoking barrels, road trip, the cooler, the godfather, goodfellas, scarface, narc, spiderman, spiderman 2, matrix, matrix reloaded, matrix revolutions, reservoir dogs, pulp fiction, natural born killers, the green mile, saving private ryan, kill bill, kill bill vol.2, irobot, dodgeball, donnie darko, ali g indahouse, eternal sunshine of the spotless mind, garden state, clerks, harold and kumar go to white castle, team america world police.

favourite music.

click the chart to see what music i like and have been listening to.

archives.

June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
March 2007
July 2007

links.

myspace profile.
audioscrobbler profile.
my blogger profile.
blogger.
blogskins.
GTA Mods
Disk Depot - Blank DVD-R, DVD+R, CD-R and more

«#Blogging Brits?»

the design.

I like grey because it reminds me of the colour of my brains. my brains conjures up funny thoughts to be ranted in this blog. credit to aoi for the design

other people's blogs i read.

The Passions Of The Chris
squish's place
Turnip's Patch
Something Creative
FRANK THE RABBIT
le amazingly groovy blog de moi
tea_and_cake
You Know You Love Me
17
__neverland__
what goes here? oh right
Hat's Space
Dead Letters
Candice's Blog. how exciting
California
"I wonder what it's like to be a super hero..."
my_lovely_life____haha
Nicole's Crib
Sex with Greg and Nash
42
Frank the Rabbit Films

my wishlist.


BUY ME THINGS FROM HERE AND I WILL LOVE YOU

The Life & Times of Gareth
sometimes i dont know why i even fucking try.